10.16.2011

cloche encounters



by yellowfield7 on etsy.com

Dorian Leigh wearing a pale pink cloche by Madame Reine and a plunge-necked rayon crepe dress from B.H.Wragge, ca. 1946 via flickr

 
by katarinacouture on etsy.com


by yellowfield7 on etsy.com



Since I'm on a fall fashion kick, I feel the need to wax poetic on the beauty of the 1920s-inspired cloche hat. This bell-shaped beauty, which we are seeing more of this season, from the likes of Kate Spade and anthropolgie, has always been a favorite of mine. 

I'm so glad I bought a deep purple wool cloche from Target last year. It is nice and warm, covering my ears just so. Not to mention adorable. Good thing I left it here, so I can wear it this season. But I do plan to send it out to Oz, to have when the weather turns chilly there. A girl needs to be prepared for all weather, and do so stylishly. Don't you agree?

1 comment:

Laurie Eno said...

These make me wish I had the right type of head for a hat!

Alas no. But they are all beautiful.